Hadoop JobTracker Counters Sampler since 1.0.0
This plugin was originally developed by Atlantbh d.o.o.,
released as jmeter-components,
then merged into JP@GC.
Hadoop jobtracker counters sampler can be used for multiple purposes:
- Retrieve job counter by providing a job id: counters on job level are returned e.g. read records, processed records
- Retrieve job counter by providing a job id and group name
- Retrieve the job statistics by providing a job id: job statistics are returned e.g. progress of the job, url
- Retrieve counters on job task level by providing a job id: for each task counters for the job are returned, same as option 1 but provides the counters for all tasks
- Retrieve job task level statistics by providing a job id: for each task statistics are retuned, same as option 3 but on task level.
The following values should be specified when using this sampler, depending on the needs, which of the possibilities have you checked from the above
- list:mapred.job.tracker: jobtracker url
- job name/id: specifiy the job name or id, depending on if you are retrieving job counters by providing a job name or a job id.
- group of counters name: specify the group name, this value should be specified if you are using the option (retrieve job counters by providing the job id and group name of the hadoop job).
The response is in xml format.